In the video I had to keep to the 180 degree rule, the rule of thirds and match on action. The 180 degree rule was to keep the camera o the same side of the two people we were filming. I did this by keeping Ola on the right side of the screen during the over the shoulder scene, and I kept the rule of thirds during the close up of Shriya on the phone and Ola threatening her. (180 degree rule; image below)
The image above is of the rule of thirds, as you can see, Shriya's eyes are on the imaginary top line.
There were some problems when we filmed, for example, we couldn't get the angles right when Ola knelt over Shriya. But we filmed the same scene over and over again to make sure we had enough clips to choose from. If we could make changes, I would re film a lot more of the scenes as on some we only had one and therefore had no choice.
During the post production, I didn't find it hard, besides cutting the scenes to make it flow and not look like it was filmed separately. However, if I could change anything, I would choose a different sound track, and maybe make more of a build up to the end, as well as adding more transitions to make the video a bit longer.
I feel that the strengths of my work were my editing skills. I feel that I worked best when I edited my work.
This is an example of my slide transition, it slides to the right to show time has past. It also slide in the way she is walking. I also added fades in and out at the start and end of the video, and also added fade ins and outs on the sound. I feel the editing was my strong point as I like playing around and seeing what looks good.
I feel that my weaknesses were the filming, as I don't feel we filmed enough shot.
From this shot toy can see he jumps out in an awkward angle from the bush, and we only filmed this scene once.
Overall I feel that this was a task that I found quite interesting. It gave me a chance to work with the cameras again and try out more of the camera shots and angles. However, as I said there were alot of things I would redo, e.g. re shooting alot of the scenes to make sure there was a large range to shoot from, but as a final product I feel I stuck to all the rules and it was a good end video.




No comments:
Post a Comment